The UK Government has made a call for proposals to design business models for hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure, following its commitment in the British Energy Security Strategy.
H2 View understands the Government is seeking consultation on:
- Design options for hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure business models.
- The need for strategic planning function to guide the rollout of hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure and potential implementation options.
- Whether the existing market framework and industry commercial arrangements are optimal for supporting the deployment of hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure.
- The suitability of the non-economic regulatory framework across the hydrogen value chain.
- The extent to which blending might help provide market-building benefits for the hydrogen economy, including bringing forward investment in hydrogen production while larger-scale hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure is being developed.
The invite for consultation comes after major industry representatives have pleaded for more work to be done on developing hydrogen transport and storage in the country. Previously speaking to H2 View, Celia Greaves, CEO of the UK Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Association (UKHFCA) stressed the need for more progress on hydrogen storage and transportation policy.
... to continue reading you must be subscribed