On Wednesday 24th June, the Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU) will host an EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) session on hydrogen’s potential to support the green recovery of European islands.
Due to the restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, for the first time ever, the EUSEW event will be held completely digitally, with the FCH JU’s session taking place between 9:00-10:30am CET.
The hour and a half long session will highlight the ability of hydrogen and associated technologies to decarbonise European islands, while generating jobs and growth needed for economic recoveries.
Participants of the session will discuss issues such as: developing bankable hydrogen projects, decarbonising tourism in the new economic content, and examples of hydrogen infrastructure developments that create growth and jobs.
For the session, the FCH JU has gathered up an array of industry experts who will share their knowledge. The sessions speakers include:
- Bart Biebuyck, Executive Director of the FCH JU
- Tudor Constantinescu, Principal Adviser for DG Energy
- Joan Groizard, Director General, IDAE – Ministry for the Ecological Transition
- Nigel Holmes, CEO of the Scottish Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association
- Jesus Manuel Gil Jimenez, Innovation and New Energies Director at Enagás
- Arnold Boon, Project Coordinator for Hydrogen and Sustainable Energy Storage Projects atPolaris Veritas
- Jean-Noël de Charentenay, Vice-President of Strategy at HDF Energy
- Tadhg O’Briain, Deputy Head of Unit Retail Markets, Consumers and Local Initiatives, DG Energy