There is now under one month until H2 View’s Harnessing Hydrogen’s Potential with Pragmatism & Pace conference in Kuala Lumpur.
Set to take place on December 7 and 8, 2023, speakers from companies such as DNV, Enapter, Ceres Power, Nel, and Chart will give delegates insight on the business case for hydrogen.
Attendees will expect to experience thought leadership on how and where to invest, insights and case studies from the stakeholders making it happen, and all the key networking and connections to potentially boost business prospects.
The dynamic one-and-a-half-day event will explore how the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region can realise its huge hydrogen potential, with accessibility, availability and affordability – all key factors for the growth of the fuel.
Asia is set to account for 55% of the hydrogen industry’s value in 2030, driven by an increase in demand in China – expected to be the world’s largest importer of green hydrogen – and from India and Indonesia, according to Deloitte’s Green Hydrogen: Energising the path to Net Zero report.
In October (2023), the Malaysian Government launched its Hydrogen Economy & Technology Roadmap (HETR), which included a focus on developing firm regulatory conditions, subsidies and building a talent pool.
Recognising the challenges of hydrogen production costs, storage and distribution solutions, and clear regulatory framework available, the HETR has set out three goals to develop Malaysia’s hydrogen economy:
- Hydrogen to become the “cornerstone” of a new energy economy in Malaysia.
- Malaysia to achieve an increasing share of clean energy in its energy mix by promoting the use of hydrogen in energy storage and as a fuel in combined cycle gas turbines.
- Malaysia to invest in hydrogen technologies to address domestic consumption, energy security, sustainability of international energy trading and decarbonisation.
Read more:Malaysia reveals hydrogen roadmap
Off the back of Malaysia’s hydrogen roadmap, H2 View’s APAC summit will host four sessions dedicated to the hydrogen economy in the region.
Session 1: The Business Case
- Chaired by Rob Cockerill, Content Director at gasworld and H2 View.
- Mats de Ronde, Team Lead Energy Markets & Strategy APAC at DNV.
- Yufeng Wan, Partner and Head of Impact Investing at Templewater.
- Karina Kocha, Business Intelligence Manager at gasworld.
- David Hart, Patner at ERM/E4tech.
Session 2: Making it Happen: Accessibility & Affordability
- Chaired by Charley Rattan,Charley Rattan Associates.
- Sebastian-Justus Schmidt, Chairman at Enapter.
- Joseph Lenox, Director of Business Development at Ceres Power.
- Armit Singh Deo, Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting.
- Marcoen Stoop, Business Development Director – Asia Pacific, Nel Hydrogen.
Session 3: Mobilising Mobility
- Chaired by Ed Hotard, SIAD Americas LLC.
- Christopher Barker, Managing Partner, Hyve1.
- Seong Oh, Director, Hydrogen Sales – Asia Pacific at Chart Industries.
- Brendan Norman, CEO and Co-Founder of H2X.
H2 View’s Make Hydrogen Panel will round of the conference, bringing together a final session to discuss what needs to happen next in the APAC region, hearing from Rob Cockerill, Charley Rattan, and Dr. David Hart.